From "Dan Schmierer" <...@smsolutions.co.nz>
Subject Re: Invoking FOP from C++
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 04:29:09 GMT

Having just done this myself, I would suggest having a read of the
The Java™ Native Interface Programmer’s Guide and Specification,
available at: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jni/ . It's a pretty
comprehensive document. The main subjects of your query,
Exceptions and Invocation are covered in chapters 6 and 7, so I
guess you'll want to read those. There's plenty of C-based sample
code in the previously mentioned chapters to get you on track.

In order to run FOP via native code, you should aim your JNI
invocations at the org.apache.apps.Fop class, calling the main
method, passing it any array of string objects, like you would
normally pass to the command line batch file. Have a look at the
code for the Fop class some time, if you haven't already.

Good luck,

Dan Schmierer<italic><FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param>