From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: servlet and fop0.20.4
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:55:27 GMT
pcoustillas wrote:
> I tried with FOP0.2.40 and it's doesn't work
> I use in  tomcat_fop024\webapps\fop\WEB-INF\classes
> avalon-framework-cvs-20020315.jar
> xalan-2.0.0.jar
> batik.jar (2.06 Mo)
> fop.jar (1.61 Mo)
> logkit-1.0.jar
> xerces-1.2.3.jar
>
> But if I use fop.jar of  FOP0.20.3 (1.71 Mo) it works.
>
> What is the problem please ?

This is hard to diagnose remotely.
Strange stuff:
- you have old versions of Xalan, Xerces and probably batik
   in WEB-INF/classes
- which probably doesn't matter because the jar files are
   by default searched in WEB-INF/lib
- A "method not found" simply can't happen in a clean setup
   without anybody else noticing it before.

Suggestions:
- clean all jars from WEB-INF/*
- reinstall the jars from the FOP distribution. From *one*
   distribution.
- check whether any suspicious duplicate names occur in
   any of tomcat's lib directories. A xerces is ok, check your
   tomcat docs for how to fiund out whether it is installed in
   a way that it is visible to the webapps or not. Remove any
   jars which are from an earlier FOP distribution.
- Upgrade to tomcat 4.0.4 if you are using 4.0.3

J.Pietschmann