From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: supported image formats?
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:12:06 GMT
Phillip Rhodes wrote:

> Is there anywhere that states what image formats are supported by FOP?
>
> The differences between them regarding quality?
>
> I tried jpeg and png, and got the jimi error.  Should I install jimi, or
> are there other options?
>
> What image format would you use (for servlet generated charts)?

I think this is here:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=102029037731274&w=2

If you want other formats than GIF, JPG and SVG, you must install
either Jimi or JAI, for the latter, the code hass to be adapted.
For Jimi, either get the Jar from an old FOP distribution, or
download it from Sun's website, unzip the zip file with the classes
in the distribution and rejar it. Alternatively, it works if you just
put the ZIP file in the classpath.

J.Pietschmann