From Phillip Rhodes <rhode...@telerama.com>
Subject region's content invading neighbor region?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 06:25:47 GMT
I have defined 2 regions, a region-start and a region-body.

I am writing content to both regions (yea!!!), but the regions are
overlapping each other.  I defined an extent of 2 inches for the region
"region-start", but it seems that this does not reserve the space for this
region, and the region-body content is overwriting the region-start content.

I can see the content from both regions.  It's just not where I expect it
to be.

Thanks.  Sorry if this is a dumb question.  I tried!

My questions are?
Why do regions overlap?  Is this by design?
How can I prevent one region's content from invading another region's?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
   xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

    <xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="guide">
       <fo:layout-master-set>
   		<fo:simple-page-master  master-name="US-Letter"
		     page-height="11in"   page-width="8.5in"
		     margin-top="0.5in"   margin-bottom="0.5in"
		     margin-left="0.5in"  margin-right="0.5in">
			<fo:region-start  extent="2.0in"/>
			<fo:region-body/>
   		</fo:simple-page-master>
       </fo:layout-master-set>
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
       </fo:root>
   </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="grouping">
       <fo:page-sequence master-reference="US-Letter">
        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-start">
         <fo:block text-align="end"
             font-size="10pt"
             font-family="serif"
             line-height="14pt" >