From "G. Ken Holman" <gkhol...@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Subject Re: landscape table
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:48:05 GMT
At 2002-09-03 23:23 +0200, J.Pietschmann wrote:
>G. Ken Holman wrote:
>>Consider that the table to be formatted is nested deep down inside of a
>>subsection of a section of a chapter of a volume of a publication:
>I don't think this is really necessary. Of course,
>you have to "un-nest" the structure,
>However, for reasonably simple
>layouts, this shouldn't be too hard. Another approach
>could be to use two transformations, first use grouping
>to pull the tables to the top-level, then do the final
>transformation.

I agree ... and that is precisely the basis of the PSMI, only formalized so
that the second step is already done for everyone and available for free,
leaving them only the first step to do and it can be done as easy as with
any other formatting object they use.  I've found it very easy to use and a
number of people are downloading it each month from the site so I'm hoping
it is getting some general use out there.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this!

.................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth      Europe:         Sep 18-Sep 20,2002
XSLT/XPath and XSL-FO           North America:  Sep 30-Oct  4,2002

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0  +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-07-1               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, books (electronic, printed),
articles, training (instructor-live,Internet-live,web/CD,licensed)
Next public training:     2002-09-11,13,18,19,30,10-03,07,10,12-08