From "Przybilla, Frank" <frank.przybi...@maxess.de>
Subject AW: Problem OutOfMemory
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 12:43:45 GMT
Hi Elsa,

this problem occurs when you try to generate very large tables.
In this case fop has to hold them in memory. I had the same problems.

The only way (as I know so far) is to generate more than one page-sequence,
ideally for every single page. This means that you have to compute the
number of
rows you can place on every page.

With this strategy you should  generate indefintely big tables with constant
memory
consumption.

Frank

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Elsa LARREUR [mailto:elsalarreur@ifrance.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 2. September 2002 12:22
An: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Problem OutOfMemory

Hi,
I have trouble with FOP when I try to produce PDF file (with many
tables) from a big file : I get an OutOfMemory error from FOP (FOP is
started from a JAVA application (with Driver.run())).

Is someone doing such a job on large file using FOP? Is there a way to
avoid this problem?

Thanks.

Elsa LARREUR

__
Pour mieux recevoir vos emails, utilisez un PC plus performant !
Découvrez la nouvelle gamme DELL en exclusivité sur i (france)
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/signhdell