From ch...@netstyle.ch
Subject Server-side printing with FOP
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 10:34:12 GMT
Dear users

We just integrated FOP as a genius tool to generate PDF on the fly in
our webapplication. Our client is satisfied but we would like to
offer them the possibility to print the documents directly in our
hosting center (server-side).

Problems:
1) Automating the printing of PDF Files using Acrobat (Reader) using
OLE or DDE Automation is possible but not legal.
2) PostScript would be the alternative but PSRenderer does not
support Font Embedding AFAIK. Font Embeeding is needed by our
application to show some special Unicode characters.

Questions:
1) Does PSRenderer (or another renderer) support font embedding now?
2) Do you know another solution to print an xsl:fo File using another
format directly to a Printer (PS Driver)?
3) Or is there a legal way to print a PDF File on the server (means
without using any Adobe Software)?

Thank you in advance for any hints!

Regards,

Chris Wysseier