From Michael Heinen <Michael.Hei...@nexum.de>
Subject euro sign and transformer exception
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:21:32 GMT
I have a problem with the EUR sign. In my pdf docs a # apperas instead of
it.
I transform a xml source directly to pdf by using a content handler and
firing the sax events.

I tried to replace all EUR signs in the xml file by &#x20AC; but this does
not work for me.
I got the following exception:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: An invalid XML character (Unicode:
0x1a) was found in the CDATA section.

Its not possible for me to replace the EUR sign in the generation process of
the xml source.

The environment:
fop 0.20.3 is running on a Win2K Server and on an AIX Server.
The encoding in my xml file is set to ISO-8859-1.

So what can I do now ?
Because of performance issues I have no fo-file (even not in memory) to
replace the EUR sign in.

Thanx for any help...
Michael