From Barry Hansen <bhan...@imany.com>
Subject smushing table text together
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:56:29 GMT
I have been playing with this for some time now and I cannot seem to find an
answer with my experimentation or from searching the archives.

I've got a table that has a cell that has several potential blocks in it. I
want to keep the blocks spaced out but place them close to the cell border
if there is no other text. For example, if I have a cell that has:
----------------------    (Example 1)
blockFormat1

blockFormat2
----------------------

but might be:
----------------------    (Example 2)
blockFormat2
----------------------

If I add space-end to the end of the fo:block and that block is by itself,
it makes:
----------------------    (Example 3)
blockFormat1

----------------------

and if I add it before (space-before in the fo:block) and that block is by
itself, it makes:
----------------------     (Example 4)

blockFormat2
----------------------

And without any spacing, I get (as you might predict)
blockFormat1
blockFormat2

Any suggestions for how I can get examples 1 and 2 without causing examples
3 and 4?

Thanks,
Barry Hansen
I-many, Inc.