From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: how can I get the double border work?
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:47:28 GMT
dongjiang tang wrote:
> How about underline? I know I can get a single underline by using <fo:inline
> text-decoration="underline">,  is there anything to get a double underline?

There is no way to specify "double underline". As usual, this has to be
substituted with a graphic. This is hard to do in general, but there are
tricks for several special cases. If you want to double undderline a single
word use an SVG with the word and the double underline instead. If you want
to double underline a whole line, another possiblity is to use an empty
block with a border. The font-size determines the space between the two
lines:
  <fo:block>This line appears to be double underlined</fo:block>
  <fo:block border-top-style="solid" border-top-width="1pt"
     border-bottom-style="solid" border-bottom-width="1pt"
     font-size="1pt">&#160;</fo:block>
(Untested)
This trick wont put a line at the base line of the line to be underlined,
of course. If you must have to do this, use a table call overflow. The
essence is to use a very narrow cell and put something in it (in this case
a graphic with the lines), so that it overflows into the cell right to it:
  <fo:table>
    <fo:table-column column-width="0.01cm"/>
    <fo:table-column column-width="8cm"/>
    <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>
        <fo:table-cell>
           <fo:block>
              <fo:external-graphic src="double-underline.svg" width="8cm"
                height="12.8pt"/>
           </fo:block>
        </fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-cell text-align="center">
           <fo:block>This line appears to be double underlined</fo:block>
        </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table-body>
  </fo:table>
The height of the graphics has to be adjusted to the line height, of course.
(Untested too, of course)

J.Pietschmann