From Johan Åbrandt <johan.abra...@profitsoftware.com>
Subject Re: FOP 0.20.4
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 10:06:31 GMT
Try with adding the following system property to the startup arguments
for the server:

com.ibm.ws.classloader.classSharing=false

i.e java -Dcom.ibm.ws.classloader.classSharing=false ...

By default WAS cashes class definitions on a per server basis, and not
on a per classloader basis, as would seem natural in a J2EE container.
The property above should fix the problem, I have tested it in WAS 4.0.2
and 4.0.3. Also make sure that you have the correct version of xerces
(1.2.3?) either in WEB-INF/lib or in the root of the ear.

Br - Johan

J.Pietschmann wrote:

> xllerena@cps.pf wrote:
>
>> [04/12/02 10:30:12:407 HST] 541ff1e2 WebGroup      X Servlet Error: Class
>> org/xml/sax/XMLReader violates loader constraints:
>> java.lang.LinkageError:
>> Class org/xml/sax/XMLReader violates loader constraints
>>       at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.getParserClassName(Unknown Source)
>
> For some reason the servlet container (WAS) wont load the XMLReader
> interface, probably because it has already one loaded from another
> part of the class path. That's something which requires a WAS guru,
> if you have a support contract, call the IBM support.
>
> J.Pietschmann

Johan Åbrandt

Technical Project Manager
(Tekninen projektipäällikkö)