From robert_hitch...@cargill.com
Subject RE: Need help:converting xml => fo => pdf
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 20:22:45 GMT
Anil,

If you need to do this programmatically, look into Cocoon
(www.apache.org/cocoon).  It is an open source servlet-based solution
that lets you do exactly what you describe on-the-fly.  You create an
XSL stylesheet that generates the FO from the XML file and define a
processing pipeline that takes your XML file, the XSL stylesheet and
compbines them into an FO file and sends the FO file to the FOP
processor, returning the PDF file to your application.

Bob Hitchins

-----Original Message-----
From: anil_b_g@hotmail.com [mailto:anil_b_g@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 1:56 PM
To: abhatnag@mda.ca; fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Need help:converting xml => fo => pdf

Hello,

What is the simplest way of converting file.xml => file.fo => file.pdf

Second part is straight forward, I just need to feed file.fo to FOP to
generate file.pdf

Is there any simple way to convert file.xml to file.fo ??
Is there any tool that does this job or do I need to write my own Java
parser for converting file.xml to file.fo

Please advise me.

Regards,
Anil