From "Bill Lunnon" <b...@mirrim.com.au>
Subject RE: Problem with Fop and Log4j
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 10:49:38 GMT
Julien,
The only logger I could get to work with FOP (0.20.3) was the one in the
Avalon framework.

Have snapshot of code below, hope this helps

Bill

 final String logMessageFormat =
   "[%{priority}]: %{category} %{message}\n%{throwable}";
 try {
     // get the default hierarchy (org.apache.log.)
     Hierarchy hierarchy = Hierarchy.getDefaultHierarchy();
     PatternFormatter formatter =
  new PatternFormatter(logMessageFormat);
     LogTarget target = new FileTarget(logFileName,true,formatter);
     hierarchy.setDefaultLogTarget(target);
     hierarchy.setDefaultPriority(org.apache.log.Priority.WARN);
     // create the logger
     reportLogger = hierarchy.getLoggerFor(className);
     // log a message
     reportLogger.warn("FOP Logger started");
 }
 catch (IOException e) {
     // what can you do when the logger setup fails, can't log
     // the error back
}