From Aaron Weber <aa...@ximian.com>
Subject Re: More newbie hyphenation and option flag issues with docbook.xml --> fo -->pdf
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 01:14:23 GMT
Excellent!  A quick search and replace has gotten rid of the hyphenation
problems, (language="en" --> language="en_GB") and deleting a couple
more unsupported tags has gotten rid of all my errors!

Now, I'm down to

[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[WARNING] current implementation of tables requires a table-column for
each column, indicating column-width
[WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[WARNING] current implementation of tables requires a table-column for
each column, indicating column-width

a couple of..

[INFO] area contents overflows area
[INFO] area contents overflows area
[INFO] area contents overflows area

and of course at the end:
[ERROR] null

and failure. :(

Really, I want to be able to automate the Docbook XML --> PDF
transition, and avoid editing the autogenerated .fo
files by hand as much as possible (autogenerated is almost always
synonomous with "hard to edit by hand," and any sort of manual
intervention means extra opportunity for confusion, error, and trouble
when we need to regenerate after a change to the original).

We've got the XML-->HTML transition down fine, fortunately...

Any tips? I'll try & get rid of the offending table-layout issues,
but... I don't know about adding table-column width attributes to every
table in the document.

Yours,

Aaron.