From "Marcus Andersson" <mar...@home.se>
Subject Re: Fat, multi-colored, sideborder to the right
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:51:00 GMT
I know what you mean but I don't believe I can use it in this case since I want the border
to stretch from the absolute top (no top-margin) to the absolute bottom(no bottom-margin)
of each page and I must use a header and a footer (the region-before and region-end with static-region).
My understanding of the start, end, before and after regions is that the start-region spans
on the top of the document from the left all the way to the right (the same with region-after)
and region-start (and end) spans _between_ region-before and region-after. If I'm wrong so
please correct me. Another reason (I think) why I can't put it in the region-end area is that
I want some content to flow over the border (sometimes I truly hate designers ;).

My understanding as an (bad) ascii image...

****************************  | I want my border from here...
*                   Region-start               * |
****************************  |  <-- One problem is here
*                *                  *              *  |
*  Region   *                  *  Region  *  |
*     -         *    Body      *     -        *  |...all the way...
*   start      *                  *    end     *  |
*              Region-end                    *  |
****************************  | ...down here with no margin to the right and no margin at
the top or the bottom.

I have put a header in the region-start and a footer in the region-end areas and they must
be there so just putting the border in region-end won't solve the problem.

/Marcus