From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: page-citations across page-sequences
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 19:38:46 GMT
John Marshall wrote:
> In my <fo:layout-master-set> I now have two fo:simple-page-masters with
> master-names of "fullpage" and "twocols". The latter includes
> column-count="2" in its fo:region-body and I can flow test stuff into it. Of
> course each flow lies within its own fo:page-sequence.
>
> When I apply the template that includes the fo:page-number-citation, FOP
> responds with [ERROR] null. The xslspec entry for fo:page-number-citation
> does not indicate that the page-number-citation and the cited page-number
> should lie within the same fo:page-sequence. What is being lost between the
> two flows? is there an easy way to fix this?

The page number handling is tricky and has quite a few problems.
You didn't state the FOP version number nor enough context to
decide whether you've hit a known bug. A possible solution in
most situations is to put the TOC at the end of the document
instead in front of it, see
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#OutOfMemoryException
for some discussion of this approach.

J.Pietschmann