From John Mok <j...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Producing Chinese documents
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:02:39 GMT

Attached is a sample XSL-FO file containing Chinese characters. You may
view it by the given sample program FopServlet, e.g. the
simpleTableFO.fo was saved in /var/tmp :

http://TestServer:8080/Project1/servlet/FopServlet?fo=/var/tmp/simpleTableFO.fo

> I have a software for writing chinese. So, if I mix the fo files with fo
> tags and chinese chars, is it ok? or I should change it using other
> tools to the unicode and then paste them?

As long as you could produce a proper formatter XSL-FO in unicode.

> I have many chinese fonts but they are in winword. is it ok? if not, how
> to install them?

Copy the font file from Microsoft Windows, Control Panel -> Fonts, e.g.
mingliu.ttc. Then, build the font matrix file :-

java -cp build\fop.jar;lib\avalon-framework.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;
          lib\xercesImpl.jar;lib\xalan.jar
            org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -ttcname "MingLiU"
              mingliu.ttc mingliu.xml

Finally, register the font matrix file according the instructions at :-

http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html

Thank you,  John Mok