From Phillip Rhodes <rhode...@telerama.com>
Subject image scaling memory leak?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 02:47:41 GMT
I know the FAQ discusses this...
It took me a couple of days to figure this out, but the image scaling that
I am doing in FOP is crashing my application.
All my images are returned via a servlet... If I turn the servlet engine
off, no images are returned and FOP runs like a champ... (although my
reports have no images)

If I do not do image scaling, my images look very bad....  If I do image
scaling, I can only handle about 20 reports (20 images each), before crashing.
All of my images are dynamic, returned as a PNG from a servlet with jFreeChart.

Even if I start out with a huge memory setting for my JVM, I will
eventually run out.

Any ideas on how I can proceed?  Is this FOP only, or all fo processors?
Thanks!