From "John Marshall" <John.Marsh...@accurate.co.uk>
Subject RE: page-citations across page-sequences
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:59:15 GMT
Thank you for your response and the suggestion. I have been using FOP-0.20.4 with J2RE-1_3_1-WIN-I.
I have just tried updating to FOP-0.20.5rc. This gave me the following error:

  C:\apache\fop-0.20.5rc>fop -xml \jfm\mm\meetings.xml -xsl \jfm\mm\meeting-fo.xsl
   -pdf \jfm\mm\meetings.pdf
  [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
  [ERROR] javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: javax.xml.transfo
  rm.TransformerException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Unknown nodet
  ype: document

but that is another problem for another time.

I enclose a part of my stylesheet with the relevant templates. All of the page-number-citation
references are now backward but the problem persists.

Thank you, John Marshall

-----Original Message-----
From: J.Pietschmann [mailto:j3322ptm@yahoo.de]
Sent: 02 April 2003 20:39
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: page-citations across page-sequences

John Marshall wrote:
> In my <fo:layout-master-set> I now have two fo:simple-page-masters with
> master-names of "fullpage" and "twocols". The latter includes
> column-count="2" in its fo:region-body and I can flow test stuff into it. Of
> course each flow lies within its own fo:page-sequence.
>
> When I apply the template that includes the fo:page-number-citation, FOP
> responds with [ERROR] null. The xslspec entry for fo:page-number-citation
> does not indicate that the page-number-citation and the cited page-number
> should lie within the same fo:page-sequence. What is being lost between the
> two flows? is there an easy way to fix this?

The page number handling is tricky and has quite a few problems.
You didn't state the FOP version number nor enough context to
decide whether you've hit a known bug. A possible solution in
most situations is to put the TOC at the end of the document
instead in front of it, see
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#OutOfMemoryException
for some discussion of this approach.

J.Pietschmann

Accurate Software Ltd

The Courtyard, Denmark Street, Wokingham, RG40 2AZ, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)118 977 3889
Fax +44 (0)118 977 1260
Web: http://www.accuratesoftware.com

The information in this email is confidential and privileged and is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity listed above.  If you are neither the intended individual,
or entity listed above, nor the person responsible for the delivery of this email to the intended
recipients, you are hereby notified that any unauthorised distribution, copying or use of
this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the Accurate
system manager at postmaster@accuratesoftware.com or on +44 (0)118 977 3889.  The views expressed
in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by the Accurate Group.