From "Adam Shelley" <ashel...@inlandkwbc.com>
Subject RE: Blank pdf from servlet
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:20:20 GMT
Hello,

I have also had problem in IE that if you first serve html data in one
window and refresh it someone into the application/pdf mime type you may
display a blank page or the text that contructs the pdf document.  I am
using an asp page to connect to the servlet and response.binary writing the
document back to the browser.  If you do not include a response.flush
statement you will end up getting blank pages most of the time (except
first?).  I also found that sometimes with IE if the acrobat 'check for
automatic updates dialog box' comes up this can screw things up.

-Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: John Mok [mailto:jmok@attglobal.net]
Sent: April 4, 2003 9:23 AM
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Blank pdf from servlet

If it is the case that you are viewing the servlet output from IE, then
please add some redundant parameters in the URL containing the word
"PDF", e.g. http://server:8080/TestServlet?file=.pdf. It sounds silly,
but I tried and it does matter.

http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#part_iex

Regards,   John Mok