From "joni santoso" <str...@plasa.com>
Subject Re: Producing Chinese documents
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 07:16:00 GMT
On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 12:25:40 +0800
  John Mok <jmok@attglobal.net> wrote:

>I am a Chinese and tried to produce simple Chinese PDF
>from FOP. The answers to your questions follows :-

Me too :).

>1. You may do them both, but I think it's more difficult
>to type in Chinese and save the doc. in Unicode. I did it
>the other way, read the data from database and convert
>them into bytes of Unicode, and then transform using FOP.

I have a software for writing chinese. So, if I mix the fo
files with fo tags and chinese chars, is it ok? or I
should change it using other tools to the unicode and then
paste them?

>2. You need Chinese-enabled fonts, "MingLiU" is a good
>choice. You need to generate a font matrix file using the
>utility org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader from a
>Windows font, e.g. mingliu.ttf, following the
>instructions at :-

I have many chinese fonts but they are in winword. is it
ok? if not, how to install them?

Can give me a fo file containing chinese chars? I am just
curious :).