From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: PDF Generation Issue
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 21:10:41 GMT
Andrew Lindeman wrote:
> Both boxes are running Gentoo Linux, with the fop-bin package installed
> (which is 0.20.4).  PDF generation works great on my laptop, but on my
> server it throws the following error.
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>         at org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea.addSpacedWord(Unknown Source)

Hmm, there isn't anything unusual in addSpacedWord, and
the missing line number indicates the routine was already
used fairly often.

If you can manage it, run the sample again with the JITC
disabled (setting a specific environment variable or something
like this, check the JRE docs), so that we get a line number.

As a guess, it could be the problem is triggered by awt.Rect
and the common "headless server" problem. Is there a link on
page 5? Can you fix it by applying something from here?
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#svg-headless

J.Pietschmann