From Jan Bernhardt ...@baltic-online.de>
Subject Status of the Postscript Renderer
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:34:35 GMT
Hi,

I want to use the Postscript renderer for regular report printing.
Unfortunately there are a few glitches which keep from doing so: JPEGs (at
least the ones I tried) cause range errors and the Euro sign doesn't print due
to wrong charset mapping.

The first problem can be resolved by converting to GIFs. The second one
is still unresolved. I know only little about charset encoding and Postscript
and therefore I was looking into other solutions which include modifying the
Postscript renderer.

That's why I'd like to know whether the PS renderer is still under active
development. If someone could help with the Euro sign mapping problem I'd be
gladful too but I think that's worth another posting later.

Thanks,

- Jan.