From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: FOP and user load?
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 07:05:03 GMT
That really depends on a lot of things:
- how you implement it (maybe some PDF can be cached and reused)
- what hardware you run it on
- the complexity of your stylesheets (forward references, tables etc)
- etc etc.

You might want to use a load-testing tool figure that out. JMeter might
be an idea: http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/

On 05.06.2003 00:30:44 Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how many users can simultaneously generate a PDF
> document with FOP.
>
> Average document is 20 pages long, with 20 images that are generated via
> servlet.
>
> Can anyone give me some ball park numbers or ideas on how to figure this
> out?  How should I factor in available CPU and memory into the equation?

Jeremias Maerki