From Mukul <muku...@yahoo.com>
Subject White space problems with TXTRenderer
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 07:21:58 GMT
Hello ,
I am using FOP 0.20.4 to produce TXT file from XML i/p
document. By the posts I have read about FOP
TXTRenderer, it seems it does not generate production
quality TXT o/p.

for e.g. when I write in XSL-FO as
<fo:block>
<!--some text..	-->
</fo:block>

the TXT o/p generate extra spaces. The TXT o/p is also
not consistent. For e.g. if my XML has many
records(tags) , sometimes white spaces problems comes
in for e.g. 8th record , sometimes white space problem
comes in some other record.

Is there a way to control the o/p behaviour
predictably? I want that the TXT o/p should appear as
equal to a PDF o/p. Ideally the same stylesheet must
produce identical PDF and TXT o/p s. Is it possible!

Regards,
Mukul