From Sherlane Lam <sherla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in FOP 0.20.5rc2 and FOP 0.20.5rc3
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:46:00 GMT
I have similar problem with XSLT + XML -> PDF with
version 0.20.4.  I have some question:

1.  My FO XSL will create table if the XML has table
data.   If the XML has not table data provided, it
will not create table in the output PDF.  However,
sometime I find it throws the OutOfMemoryError even
there is no table has to create.  Therefore, is there
any other possible issues of FOP may cause this
problem?

2.  We run our program periodically.  We find that
even we are using the same XSL and the same XML,
sometime it will throw this exception but some time it
will generate the PDF normally.  We have checked the
environment memory usage and sure that during the
rendering process the environment is silent and nearly
only FOP process exists.  We find that the FOP process
normally needs only ~29M memory and can perform
smoothly (we set our max heap size to 512M).  However,
sometime it will need extra memory exceeds 512M
dramatically during rendering.  In this situation it
will throw the Error.

More information: the Error is thrown at
at org.apache.fop.fonts.TTFSubSetFile.readFont

And the font we used called Thorndale Duospace WT SC
with Multi-Asian fonts and size is 28M.

Any idea?  Thank in advance.