From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Eps image error : For input string: ""
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:01:16 GMT
(David sent me an EPS file to test.)

The problem seems to be that the EPS handling code in FOP does not
support the "(atend)" syntax in your EPS file (See %BoundingBox at the
beginning and the end of your EPS file).

The code for that is in
org.apache.fop.image.analyser.EPSReader.readBBox() in case you'd like to
try fixing it yourself. It shouldn't be hard. Otherwise, please open a
bug report in bugzilla (http://xml.apache.org/fop/bugs.html). Please
include my analysis when writing the report.

On 05.06.2003 07:56:04 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> There's probably something strange with your EPS file. If you run again
> with the -d option on the command line you get a full stacktrace which
> should give us more information what exactly is wrong because I can't
> find the "For input string" error message anywhere in the code. You can
> also send me (off-list) your EPS and I'll have a look at it.
>
> On 04.06.2003 22:42:28 David Mann wrote:
> > Using fop-0.20.5rc3a (j2sdk1.4.1_02/windows 2000), I am getting the
> > following error message processing to pdf:
> >
> > [fop] [ERROR] Error while creating area : Error while recovering Image
> > Informations (file:/E:/test/images/SystemContext.eps) : For input string: ""
> >
> > Using alternative formats works fine, and the eps file renders correctly in
> > GSView. Any hints (ie. For string: "" ) greatly appreciated.

Jeremias Maerki