From "Teator, Michael" <mtea...@tjctechnology.com>
Subject RE: True Type Font in ps renderer
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:37:16 GMT
What about converting the truetype fonts to postscript type1?

Michael Teator
mteator@tjctechnology.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Stote [mailto:RStote@whitehilltech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 5:18 PM
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: True Type Font in ps renderer

Hello:

        I am trying to render a document that utilizes "ocraext.ttf" for one
line on the document for bill paying. I was able to add the font into FOP,
do the configuration and get it to work...sort of. When I render in PDF I
can see the line in the document in the correct font, when I render to PS I
can not even see the line. After much reading and searching I have come to
discover that ttf is not supported in the ps renderer. My question(s) are
this:

1) has anyone created a work around ?

2) is there a way,  post processing,  to "define" the font in the postscript
file. Can I "manually" alter the ps file, before sending it to the printer,
that is can I imbed the definition of the font in the ps file, then alter
the file where I need to and make the line appear in the correct font.

Currently, I need to stick to PS files because in the PS document I inject =
"statusdict begin 0 setpapertray" to select the paper tray as there is no
way to do this within FOP or the style-sheet.

3) If I figure out away to print the PDF directly I will render to PDF, but
I have to set a tray command on the document, and I don't know how to do
this for a PDF doc. In addition to this I use some of the contents of the PS
doc to gather metrics (ie number of pages, sent to printer etc...)

Is there a way to "inject" this command into a PDF doc. And is there a way
to get the page-count of a PDF doc?

Sorry for the long windedness... and the potential confusion

Rob