From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: getting error line number
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:45:15 GMT
Stan Pinte wrote:
> [ERROR] Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>     at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:507)
>     at
> org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:106)
>     at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:62)
>
> how can I get the line number of my input file, to find the error?

Unfortunately, the parser people have more or less standardized
on the notation that line endings are characters, and encoding
problems are detected at the stage before, so that line count is
not available. You might want to feed your file into an identity
trasformation run through Saxon, the XML parser bundled with Saxon
reports the byte offset.

J.Pietschmann