From Matthias Schäfer <schae...@cymation.de>
Subject printing of bmp images
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:40:49 GMT
Hello List,

I try to print a .bmp on w2k / XP with fop 0.20.5rc2, without success.

Trying the following fo-code, shows only the gif. Both files are in the
"base directory" an are less than 1kb.

     <fo:block text-align="left">
     BMP
       <fo:external-graphic src="file:test1.bmp"/>
     </fo:block>
     <fo:block text-align="left">
     GIF
       <fo:external-graphic src="file:test1.gif"/>
     </fo:block>

I found on http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#bmp the notice: "FOP
native support for BMP images is limited to the RGB color-space."
Is this my problem ? How can I check this ? I can provide the Image I
used for testing. In real Applictaion I would create the Image with the
following Code:

     hdcMem = CreateCompatibleDC(hdc);

     //' Call DSCreateDIBSection() from the DLL.
     //' You can use the desired BPP in the last parameter(for example, 24)
     DibSection = DSCreateDIBSection(width, height, 24);
     hOldBitmap = SelectObject(hdcMem, DibSection);

     Ret = StretchBlt(hdcMem, 0, 0, width, height, hdc, 0, 0, width,
height, SRCCOPY);

     hOldBitmap = SelectObject(hdcMem, hOldBitmap);

     //' Call DSStoreDIBSectionInBMPFile() from the DLL.
     //' Add error handling.
	Ret = DSStoreDIBSectionInBMPFile("test.bmp", DibSection);

Matthias