From mathieu.freti...@iworks.fr
Subject Re: SVG scaling issue (when rendering 2 SVGs of same height)
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:12:48 GMT
>It may comes form your view box in svg documents : one is 56.xxxx width,
the other only 16

Thanks, that's right.

It works if I use a SVG like this (without viewbox) :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<svg width="56.249" height="150">
        <path fill="#309E2D" d="M56.249,150H0V0h56.249V150z"/>
</svg>

But... I still have a problem...
My svg files are created with Illustrator. But the rendered graphic size
(in the pdf) is dynamic (depends on the application user's choice).
As there is no scaling mechanism for SVG graphics, I must change the width
and height attributes of the svg tag, and convert them into mm, and use
the viewbox attribute, in order to let the proportion of the graphics
unchanged.
I don't know what to do.
I could try embedding svg but I'd expect memory problems.
I could use bitmap graphics but would lose quality and increase pdf size.