From John Austin <jwaus...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: How Generate .fo file from PDF?
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:19:53 GMT
On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 18:26, Robert Paris wrote:
> >http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listId=64&by=thread&from=486484
> >
> >The conclusion seems to be 'don't even think about it'.
>
> Of course - it didn't dawn on me that PDF's have everything absolutely
> positioned - basically as though it were an image (of course with vector
> graphics). Yikes.

There are a lot of PDF resources out there. Planet PDF comes to mind.

http://www.planetpdf.com/

It sounds like you are going to live in the Adobe Acrobat world for a
while.

If your users are stuck in the Microsoft world, you won't be able to
save them from themselves. There are alternatives to going from PDF
to XSL-FO (which is what you asked).

I find this a bit amusing in a Dilbertian sense.

"Our astronauts know how to drive to the office in a minivan. So we will
be sending them to land on Mars in a spaceship shaped like a minivan.
They can pull in to MacDonalds or Chili's to eat. So we'd better start
developing an interplanetary fast-food drive-through restaurant."

"Will a Motel 6 fit in the Shuttle's cargo bay ?"
--
John Austin <jwaustin@sympatico.ca>