From John Leach <john.le...@deliveredsolutions.co.uk>
Subject 503 problems on Macromedia JRun
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:36:41 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with FOP on Macromedia JRun 4 (Coldfusion MX)

It does actually work ok. I just added all the class paths and created a
jsp script to output a pdf from an on-disk .fo file.  The problem occurs
when I run the script a few times in quick succession which results in a
"Server Error" message.  Waiting a few seconds and then reloading
remedies the situation.

The message I'm getting is a 503 Server Error
"Too many concurrent requests, jcp.endpoint.main.max.threads exceeded"

I would normally point the blame horn immediately at JRun, but I'm not
so sure this time.  My JVM thread settings are very generous and no
amount of twiddling seems to improve the situation.  Also, we have
hundreds of complex Coldfusion scripts and some other JSP scripts
running on the server all the time that never result in this message.

The only thing that seemed to improve things slightly was turning
keepalive off in Apache.

This is currently only on a devel system with 1 or 2 users at a time.  I
expect on a live server this error message will be displayed
considerably more often.

Can anyone shed any light on this maybe?

I'm using FOP version 0.20.5 with the Krysalis barcode 1.0beta
extension.  Tried with both Apache 1.3.27 and 2.0.40, on RedHat 7.3 and
RedHat 9.0 with the Sun JRE 1.4.2 and JRUN v4.0 SP2 (Updater 2).

Thanks in advance,

John.
--
GPG: B89C D450 5B2C 74D8 58FB  A360 9B06 B5C2 26F0 3047