From Mark Ivs <markivs2...@yahoo.com>
Subject PageSequence.java endless loop problem
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:41:01 GMT
Hello,
    I encountered an endless loop problem in the
"format" method in PageSequence.java. There is a
do-while statement in that method which always sets
the status to 3 in my case, so the while loop never
terminates. I looked at the FOP bug report, and I
couldn't find any bug reported about this issue. Has
anyone experienced this problem ?

Whats the best way to fix this problem ?
This is what I tried.....
I can set a counter inside the while loop and if it
exceeded the threshold value(I set it 50), then set
the status to 1 ? When I did this, the endless loop
didn't happen. But I noticed the data was duplicated
numerous times in the generated PDF.

I am not a java expert and since I don't understand
FOP code in detail, I would really appreciate your
suggestions.

I am using FOP0.20.5. This problem happens only with
certain data in the xml.

Thanks for your time.