From Jay Chiu <jayc...@ureach.com>
Subject Problem with scaling png image file in svg section
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 04:53:09 GMT

I generate fo file with svg section to hold absolute positioned
text and images. If the image size matches the width and height
attributes of the svg:image element, the image in final
generated pdf looks fine. But if the image size is bigger than
the width/height attributes of the svg:image element, then the
quality of the image in the final pdf is very bad.
I include the png file in svg section of .fo file through
<svg:image width="350" height="280" x="1mm" y="80"
xlink:href="p2.png"/>

But the png file directly included in .fo scales fine.
<fo:external-graphic src="url('p1.png')" width="120px"
height="100px"/>

I use jfreechart to generate the chart image. Because of
jfreechart's implementation,  I have to generate a big chart
image and put it into a smaller space to have high resolution.

Attached please find a fo file and the generated pdf file.

Can someone please tell me how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Jay

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more