From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Footnotes on the following page
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:00:08 GMT
Readman, Devon wrote:

> Here is the block of the stylesheet that is used to generate footnotes...it
> first tests if the current element has an attribute (id) and if a child
> elements exist (name & note...note is the element to be placed in the
> footnote):

Looks like youve defined your footnote within a marker. What is the
expected behaviour here? Are you expecting a footnote on the page where
the static content retrieves the marker, or are you expecting the
footnote to appear on the page where it is defined in the marker?

Footnotes are a bit of a mess in FOP, and so its no surprise that when
you try to do advanced things like this, the behaviour is not as
expected. I'm guessing that you'll need to settle for footnotes defined
out of a marker, just in the regular flow.

<snip/>

Chris