From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: error = id already exists
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:31:13 GMT
Mark Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've searched the mailing lists for info on the above error, but couldn't
> find anything much on the subject.
>
> Basically, we have a largeish xslt stylesheet (produces roughly a 12 page
> document), which contains a table with rows that repeat for however many
> times a particular node appears in the XML file.  If it appears more than
> once, so that the table row has to be repeated, we keep getting the above
> FOP exception, ie that the id exists.  The id is the id assigned by FOP to
> the fo:wrapper property for each row.  There is an error statement for each
> fo-wrapper for each row I have checked the xslt stylesheet and there is no
> duplication.

FOP does not assign IDs. You are actually using a two stage process:
1st stage: transforming the XML into XSLFO using the style sheet
2nd stage: rendering the XSLFO into the output format.

It's quite possible that the same id is used multiple times even
if it is only once in the style sheet. Run the transformation
standalone
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#check-input
and examine the output.

There's also a slight chance you got the still not completely fixed
duplicate id bug, which may bite you in a few somewhat exotic
situations. If your FO file doesn't have dupliacted ids, send in
the FO snippet surrounding the place where the objectionable id
occurs.

J.Pietschmann