From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: 503 problems on Macromedia JRun
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:31:29 GMT
John Leach wrote:
> It does actually work ok. I just added all the class paths and created a
> jsp script to output a pdf from an on-disk .fo file.  The problem occurs
> when I run the script a few times in quick succession which results in a
> "Server Error" message.  Waiting a few seconds and then reloading
> remedies the situation.
>
> The message I'm getting is a 503 Server Error
> "Too many concurrent requests, jcp.endpoint.main.max.threads exceeded"
>
> I would normally point the blame horn immediately at JRun, but I'm not
> so sure this time.

It depends on the code which involves FOP. You probably know
that FOP isn't completely MT safe, and large parts are summarily
synchonized. If you somehow serialize *all* requests through a
single FOP driver instance, it may well be possible that the
servlet container has problems. A "few times" seems still to be
somewhat low though. Anyway, the JRun support is probably more
useful for you.

J.Pietschmann