From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Positioning of block at the end of the before region
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:01:23 GMT
Emmanuel Cuevas Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi everyone !!!
>
> I have been trying all day long to place a block at the end of the region before, but
I haven't acieved it... I've read the FOP manual and FAQs, but there's nothing that seems
to help me...

> Here is what I want to do:
>
> +--------------------+
> | region-before      |
> |                    |
> |+----------+        |
> ||          |        |
> || block_1  |        |
> |+----------+        |
> |                    |
> |                    |
> |+----------+        |
> ||          |        |
> || block_2  |        |
> |+----------+        |
> +--------------------+
>
> The block_1 block, is not a fix one, it can change the number of lines in it, and I must
let de block_2 block fixed whatever happens in the region...

A fo:block-container can be used to absolutely position a block in a
page, e.g.

<fo:block-container position="absolute" left="0cm" top="4cm"
width="15cm" height="2cm">

The only trouble is that I'm not sure if it works in static-content. The
website says it must be direct descendent of fo:flow. I know that you
cannot nest it within other blocks. Give it a try in static-content and
post back what you find.

Other possible solutions include using nested tables in the static
content. The outer table has 2 rows, the first with a fixed height.

<snip/>

Chris