From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Problems with Saxon -> FOP?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:51:34 GMT
Rauh, Michael wrote:
> I'm running XSLT transformations from within Java and put the result DOM into
> FOP's AWTRenderer. ... That's all working fine with Xalan (from the JDK) and
 > jd.xslt. But with Saxon 6.5.3 and Saxon 7.8, FOP throws NullPointerExceptions.
 > Here's the ouput when using Saxon-6.5.3:
> [ERROR] Unsupported element encountered: null (Namespace: null). Source
> context: unavailable

I use Saxon with FOP all the time. However, I use SAX to pipe
the transformation result to the FOP driver (see
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#ExampleXML2PDF)

I guess there is a problem with the DOM or the DOM walker
implementation, or perhaps you screwed the DOM while
postprocessing. If you dont process the transformation result,
I recommend using SAX, it's more ressource friendly anyway
(less memory).

J.Pietschmann