From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: AW: Problems with Saxon -> FOP?
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:05:27 GMT
Rauh, Michael wrote:
> it turned out that the encoding had nothing to do with the error. As
> you stated, something seems to be messed up with the DOM. I debugged
> into the FOP source, it chokes after processing the attributes of the
> fo:root element, for any reason the element name and its namespace
> uri always is null then.

Either you removed namespace attributes (those xmlns:fo stuff),
or you created FO elements with createElement rather than
createElementNS. Working with namespaces on a DOM is messy, because
the DOM precedes XML namespaces. Study the docs carefully, or
even better yet, try to get rid of the postprocessing.

J.Pietschmann