From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [Question] vertical pdf generation
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:14:54 GMT
newbie_tw@yahoo.com.tw wrote:

> Hi,
> I was ever using fop to develop my report system one
> year ago; however, in the previous fop version there's
> no support to the vertical wrting style (Traditional
> Chinese or japan's writing characters from right to
> left and upper down to the bottom) of generating pdf
> file. I'm eagerly to know wether no the fop supporting
> that kind of pdf generation.

I'm afraid FOP does not currently support writing mode or reference
orientation that are required for eastern language support. We will try
to implement this in the redesign but this is a long way off from a release.

> or what else other
> software has such kind of suuport.

Antenna house has very good eastern language support. RenderX has
support for writing mode and reference orientation too.

Chris