From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: running "FOP -xml 1.xml -xsl 2.xsl -print" programmatically
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:15:09 GMT
Robert.Walker@VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> Hi all, in order to do a batch print of pdf files that
> are on my customers local pc, I would like to run
> the equivalent of
>
> "FOP -xml 1.xml -xsl 2.xsl -print"
> programmatically, is there another way than resorting to a
> Runtime.getRuntime().exec("..")
>
> this is what I am thinking I have to do, but would prefer to
> do this from java without using runtime.exec
> String printPdfCmd = "FOP -xml 1.xml -xsl 2.xsl -print";
> Runtime runtime = Runtime.getRuntime();
> Process proc = runtime.exec(printPdfCmd);

You realize there is no PDF involved in this case? The print
renderer doesn't use PDF or whatever as an intermediate result,
it uses the Java AWT interface to print the formatted content.

If you want to use the print renderer, you have to create a
PrintRenderer object, set a variety of parameters and pass it
to the driver's setRenderer() method. The FopPrintServlet in
the distribution's example directory has all the details.

J.Pietschmann