From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: formatting bug with servlet and xml only
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:22:28 GMT
Casper Gasper wrote:

> I've just got Fop 0.20.5 installed and it's working great (thanks), but
> I seem to have found a bug where if two table cells in the same column
> and adjacent rows have the same value, the bottom one takes on the
> formatting characteristics of the top.  Basically I get a table like:
>
> <b>Base rental                £120.00 per 1,000</b>
> 0-12 month buyers         <b>£120.00 per 1,000</b>
>
> even though only the top row should be bold.  The weird thing is, this
> problem is only reproducible if I call Fop as a servlet with an xml file

This sounds like a classpath problem: your servlet may be picking up a
different version of Xalan/xerces, which processes your XSL stylesheet
slightly differently. Debug your servlet to make sure it has the right
classes.

If you get no luck, post snippets of the offending files along with the
code of your servlet.

Chris