From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Fop extension and OMR
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:50:52 GMT
ARDOIN JEAN-LUC wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody experienced writing OMR barcodes with FOp ?

This is something my company is very concerned about. Most types of
regular barcodes have a font available, so you simply render the
appropriate number in a custom font. However, we cannot locate a font
for generating OMR marks. Possibly because the OMR marks have a very
wide spacing!?!

> -Is it possible without writing a FOP extension ?

I dont think a FOP extension would be helpful here, I could be wrong though.

> -Are there fop OMR extensions available ?
> -What is the best solution ?

I havent actually needed to solve this problem yet, as weve managed to
pursuade customers to use regular bar codes (so far) I was thinking
along the lines of a process that runs prior to FOP that generates some SVG.

> If Fop extension is the best solution, is there any example of running extension ?

Chris