From "Nicholson, Robb" <robb.nichol...@frontiercorp.com>
Subject PCL is ok, PS is wrong orientation
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:37:46 GMT
I have some server side Java code that does some FOP transformations (fop
0.20.5) and prints the resulting output to a printer.

When I perform the transforation going to a PDF or PCL file, everything
comes out fine. (The stylesheets I am using defines the page to be
landscape). I get a landscape page with all my data on there.

I couldn't get the PCL to print from our development Linux machine, however,
so I switched from PCL to PostScript rendering. Now it tries to print the
page in Portrait, cutting off the right side of the output.

At first I thought it was the Java Print Service API or the print driver,
but I downloaded a PostScript viewer to look at the rendered output, and fop
is doing this.

Here's a sample of my page definition if that's the culprit:

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="A4" page-width="297mm"
page-height="210mm" margin-top="0.5in" margin-bottom="0.0in"
margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in">

Thanks for any insight!
Robb