From Casper Gasper <...@caspergasper.com>
Subject formatting bug with servlet and xml only
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:00:18 GMT
I've just got Fop 0.20.5 installed and it's working great (thanks), but
I seem to have found a bug where if two table cells in the same column
and adjacent rows have the same value, the bottom one takes on the
formatting characteristics of the top.  Basically I get a table like:

<b>Base rental				£120.00 per 1,000</b>
0-12 month buyers 		<b>£120.00 per 1,000</b>

even though only the top row should be bold.  The weird thing is, this
problem is only reproducible if I call Fop as a servlet with an xml
file -- if I create an fo file first, or use an xml file and a
stylesheet from the command line it works fine.  If I change the
contents of the bottom cell slightly (by adding a space or something)
it also goes away.  Is this a known problem?  I had a quick look on the
bug-list but couldn't see anything appropriate.  If any developers are
interested I'll try and narrow down the problem.

thanks,

  casper.