From "Rauh, Michael" <Michael.R...@NDSatcom.com>
Subject Problems with Saxon -> FOP?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:31:41 GMT

Hi,

are there known problems with the interoperability of specific XSLT processors and FOP?

I'm running XSLT transformations from within Java and put the result DOM into FOP's AWTRenderer.
My source documents are mainly DocBook instances, but also other ones.

That's all working fine with Xalan (from the JDK) and jd.xslt. But with Saxon 6.5.3 and Saxon
7.8, FOP throws NullPointerExceptions. Here's the ouput when using Saxon-6.5.3:

[INFO] setting up fonts
[ERROR] Unsupported element encountered: null (Namespace: null). Source context: unavailable
[ERROR] Expected XSL-FO (root, page-sequence, etc.), SVG (svg, rect, etc.) or elements from
another supported language.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:327)
        at org.apache.fop.tools.DocumentReader.parse(DocumentReader.java:495)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:498)

When I serialize the FO Document the XSLT processors built, they're looking exactly the same
for all processors though.

Considering FOP, I tried both 0.20.5 and the 0.20.2-maintain branch.

Any hints appreciated.

Greets
Michael Rauh

ND Satcom AG