From s-oua...@artefrance.fr
Subject Problem with conditionnal page sequences
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:08:43 GMT
Hello,

I am using FOP for a while, and that's a pretty good tools to generate PDF
files... I usually don't have any problem using XSL:FO, but I can't find a
way to integrate conditionnal page sequences.

Here is the example file : it might help you to understand my problem
better.
http://www.tatouage.fr/temp/cata.pdf

In this catalog, I detect the categories changements and then insert a
break-after attribute to my <fo:table> tag so I can insert a blank page
between the different categories.
The code for that was pretty simple :

<xsl:if test="SOUSTHEME != following-sibling::FICHE[1]/SOUSTHEME">
        <xsl:attribute name="break-after">odd-page</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>

But now, my favourite graphist gave me beautifull SVG files to integrate
between the differents categories... So I thought i'd be able to make
something like a "conditionnal page sequences" to insert this SVG between
my different categories... I tried this code :

<xsl:if test="SOUSTHEME != following-sibling::FICHE[1]/SOUSTHEME">
        <!-- First I close the current sequence  -->
        </fo:flow>
        </fo:page-sequence>
        <!-- Then begin the one which will include the SVG  -->
        <fo:page-sequence master-reference="cover">
                <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                        <!-- I integrate the SVG files here -->
                </fo:flow>
        </fo:page-sequence>
        <!-- And finally I can start the sequence for my new category -->
        <fo:page-sequence master-reference="document">
        <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
</xsl:if>

I thought something like that should work, but it doesn't, here is the FOP
output :

[Fatal Error] XMLToFO_CD.xsl:1295:3: The element type "xsl:if" must be
terminated by the matching end-tag "</xsl:if>".

I'm sure there is a way to answer my need with FOP, but I can't wonder how
to do that... If someone have an idea, it would be really appreciated (I
don't have so much time to integrate these graphical stuff).

Just a precision : I am obligated to use another page-sequence cause I
want a full blank page for my SVG stuff, I don't want to keep the static
contents (page number, etc...) on this pages.

Thanks forward, please excuse my poor english ! ;o)

Simon OUALID
ARTE FRANCE
Analyste Programmeur
s-oualid@artefrance.fr