From SEBoedec...@dstsystems.com
Subject Re: non Base-14 fonts and performance.
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:08:56 GMT

I did try that by using the "-enc ansi" parameter on the TTFReader program.
The results I noted earlier reflect that font metric generation.

Thanks,

Scott

             "J.Pietschmann"
             <j3322ptm@yahoo.d
             e>                                                         To
                                       fop-user@xml.apache.org
             02/24/2004 04:01                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: non Base-14 fonts and
             Please respond to         performance.
             fop-user@xml.apac
                  he.org

SEBoedecker@dstsystems.com wrote:
> During performance tuning, I came across the issue of non Base-14 fonts
> killing performance.  I have a pdf that renders in 20 seconds using the
> Helvetica font but when the font is changed to a ttf file via the
> userconfig.xml, the render time takes 2 minutes or more.
> Does anybody else know what might be happening?

If you use only the ASCII/ISO-8859-1 part of the font, try to
generate the metrics with -winansi encoding (or roughly like
this).

J.Pietschmann